Essex Outdoors’ Centres are now taking applications for Catering Assistants for 2023.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our catering team at Danbury.
Aged 16 years or over, you’ll need to have plenty of energy and initiative and be great at working as part of a team as well as on your own.
Based at one of our very busy outdoor activity centres, you will assist Chefs and Cooks in providing three great choice and quality meals a day for up to 250 residential visitors. You will be part of a friendly, customer-focussed group of people in a vibrant fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for basic food preparation
- Washing up, using a fully automated machine and cleaning some larger cooking items by hand
- To ensure that cleanliness is maintained within the facilities and are adequately stocked
- To maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory regulations
- To use powered cleaning and catering equipment in accordance with the relevant safety requirements
During the season there may be some early starts and late finishes, as well as the requirement to work weekends or bank holidays. In return we provide a competitive salary, full in-house training for all staff, as well as an Essex Outdoors t-shirt to wear with your own presentable attire and appropriate footwear.
Staff may also be given the opportunity to complete nationally recognised qualifications.
Join our team
Apply today via our online form or download an offline application here
- You need to be aged 16 or over at the start of your employment
- You need to be available to work throughout the main season which runs May to August. We will ask for details of your availability when you apply.
The supporting information form includes the need to provide a statement explaining how you meet the requirements of the role. Focus on your skills, knowledge, experience and behaviours. Please note that this information will be used by the Hiring Manager to short-list your application. We recommend approx. 400 – 700 words.
Once your application is submitted, please ensure you also send your CV to email@example.com
Please ensure your CV includes:
- Everything you have done since you were 16/in secondary education
- The start and finish date (month and year) of all your periods of education, employment and any volunteering. E.g. September 2016 to July 2017
- Details of what you were doing in any gaps in employment longer than 4 weeks. E.g. travelling, looking for employment
Shortlisting of your application can be delayed if this information is not provided.
Essex Outdoors is part of Essex County Council (ECC). As part of your employment with ECC a DBS check is required and must be registered with the DBS update service.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you are a successful candidate, your personal data will be shared with other systems at Essex County Council in order to progress your application.
Salary: From £22,359 pa (£11.59 per hour)
Contract type: Fixed term full or part time contracts, subject to the requirements of the service.
Good to know: Full training is provided. Applicants must be 16+ and complete an enhanced DBS check prior to employment.