The Lock Climbing Wall in Harlow, Essex is well known for its friendly team, tall walls and a regular route setting schedule, making it a great place for instructors to develop their career in climbing.
We are an inclusive site offering a wide range of climbing products to our customers, including taster sessions, adult development courses and the delivery of NICAS up to level 5.
Due to significant growth over the past 12 months, we are now looking to increase our instructing team for 2019.
This varied role involves instructing climbing sessions, floor walking, advising customers on best practice and responding to any rescue, near miss or first aid incidents. Other responsibilities would include basic reception, café and cleaning duties, cash handling and locking up.
Full person specific skills are listed below:
· A genuine interest in climbing
· A CWI qualification or higher
· A valid first aid certificate
· An outgoing and friendly personality.
· Self-motivated with the ability to use initiative.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience of working in a busy climbing environment
· The ability to work with a variety of groups
· Knowledge of the NICAS Scheme
· Experience using a computerised membership system.
· CWDI, FUNdamentals and/or Foundation Coach Training.